Getting a good night’s sleep plays an important part in your overall health and wellbeing. If you're struggling with sleep, check out the list below and see what changes you can make to improve your quality of sleep!
1. Be Consistent! Go to bed at the same time every night and get up at the same time in the morning. This will train your body’s clock to fall asleep and wake up according to a schedule, resulting in a more restful sleep.
2. Create a sleep friendly environment! Make sure your bedroom is dark and quiet and ensure that electronic devices (such as phone, laptops, TVs) are removed from the room or put away for the night. The light emitting from these devices can stimulate your brain, preventing restful sleep.
3. Avoid large meals and caffeine before bedtime! Your body needs to work to digest food and having a large meal before bed means that your digestive system is still working hard when you’re trying to go to sleep. Caffeine is a stimulant, so save it for the morning to get you up and going.
4. Get some exercise! Being physically active during the day means that your body will need to rest and repair at night, usually resulting in a more restful sleep that leaves you feeling more invigorated the next day.
5. Get adjusted! Chiropractic care has the potential to ease the aches and pains that may be keeping you up at night, giving you a better sleep so you wake feeling fresh and rested.
If you have any specific enquiries or concerns regarding your sleep, have a chat to one of our friendly chiropractors Kade or Hannah!