Our Chiropractors and Remedial Massage Therapists often see patients for conditions other than the usual Lower back pain, neck pain and headaches. It is very common for our patients to report that they suffer from pain in their arms and feet, along with or separate from their spinal pain. Fortunately, there is a very easy, cheap tool you can use at home to help relieve some of this tension. The Spikey Massage Ball can be used for self massage on many places, its very easy to use, and can be taken and used anywhere, which is great for people who travel a lot.
Here are 2 simple self massage techniques you can do at home to help minimise your foot and arm pain:
Self Hand/Arm Massage:
1. Using your spikey massage ball, apply gentle pressure onto your forearm
2. Roll back and forth, up and down the forearm into the hands
3. Rub the ball in between your hands
4. Continue For 1 minute
Spikey Ball Foot Massage:
1. While sitting, put the spikey ball under your feet, apply some pressure downwards and roll the ball under both of you feet, making sure to pass it back and forth and curl your toes around the ball. Do continuously for at least one minute. You can do this while doing other activities (watching tv, sewing, reading etc) which helps with coordination.
2. While lying on your back, you can also massage your calves with the spikey ball, bending and extending your knees to roll the ball up and down.
Remember before trying any new exercise or self massage routine please consult with your Chiropractor or Remedial Massage Therapist to determine what is the right treatment for your condition.